Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Gratitude Grows Gold!

I met an amazing man a few years back - Max was his name. He inspired me beyond words just by his way of being and his very humble gift with gratitude.

I remembered Max just now, as I looked into my half eaten bowl of soup and realized I forgot to say Thank You! And that took me back to the moment when Max shared his story - when I could see with my eyes, clear as day, the pathway of gold we all can create, when we simply say Thank YOU!

Such a simple little thing... just say Thank You... and say it all the time... for everything!

You see, Max shared with me that day, that he did this all the time, constantly ("by the thousands" I noted). He said, "Thank You" was just always there in his head, no one told him to do it, it's just what would happen, and in fact, until he was telling me this story, he didn't even realize how much he did do it - that in fact he literally probably said "thank you" a thousand times each day, no kidding! (and by the way, he never worried about anything... his life just sorta "happened" for him with great success!)

And as if this all wasn't enough to rock me... the way bigger magic that day was that as Max talked, I could see... I could literally see a golden path he was creating as he continued to give thanks every moment! As Max talked of his habit - I saw the golden path that was being created with each of his words!

I couldn't believe the power of that moment - the enormous light that was bursting from the bubble of our talk - as I was literally seeing a the path of gold that he was creating by constantly saying "thank you."

I was astonished with the visual... it was so clear and obvious... and such evidence for my deeper knowing.

In that moment, I saw with my own eyes and knew without doubt that it's true, the whole universe of everything - God, the angels, our ancestors, the trees, plants, birds, bees, on and on and on... to everything - they are all really truly absolutely "in cahoots" with us... to create a magnificent world - inside and out - in every moment, in every way possibly imagined!

And...When we "give thanks" it is a HUGE piece of the puzzle... Because in our thanks we are saying back to them "YES!"- "I got it, the gift you just sent in the nice meal, a smile, glimmer of sunshine, yes, thank you, I like it, it's right - thank you and I'd love to have more!" And with that ... more is exactly what we get! Because they LOVE to be acknowledged... the energy that is giving, helping, being there for us all the time, loves to be noticed! Who doesn't love to be loved? It's feedback for goodness sake... everyone - including the spirit all around us - wants and loves positive feedback! Isn't that brilliant?! :)

So it is true - Gratitude Grows Gold...
We literally pave a path of gold ahead of us... when we say Thank You, with love, truth and honesty, in respect for the enormous army of love that is supporting our each and every moment! Literally every move, every moment, every step of the way!

So today I say ~ Thank you for the greatness of this moment, for the sun shining brightly, for the peace I can experience, for the food and shelter, warm clothes, body able to move, clean water, shower at my disposal, legs able to walk, wonderful friends... so much more, and for the amazing people that constantly show up in my world to show me always something new and great!

Blessings from this moment of gratitude ~ and Thank You!


by Sharon L. Corsaro
Learn more at www.growing-gold.com

2 comments:

Pam Archer said...

You are so right. When we are grateful for all the things we take for granted, we realize how truly blessed we are.

Sharon L Corsaro said...

Thank you!

After writing this piece I realized I forget to say... the amazing beauty of Max was the childlike innocence in his way... It was so easy, he was hardly even conscious of his practice, not to mention, doing it purely from joy with not a hint of obligation... pure gratitude! I think that was most potent!

Thanks for reading ~ Let us always have joyful celebration for the simplest things in life ~