Monday, February 2, 2009

Only in Alaska...

(this one actually has a tune to it... so you can use your imagination!)



Shared my life with a friend today…
Told him a moose came to say hello,
She had a baby and they both were good
Then they wandered away in the dark…

I shared my life with a friend today,
Found that he also didn’t know
That the owl that came by just to say hello
Brought a friend - and he said,
They were two

I shared my life with a friend today,
And I told him that I’d found a place
Where the weather would drop into freezing cold
20 below last time I had looked

I shared my life with a friend today and he told me
I have to take pictures too...
I said hadn’t thought of it, too absorbed in the moment…
He said better think of it YOU.

I shared my life with a friend today,
We talked and we laughed at what wildness grew
In the lands of Alaska
Where volcanoes swell to a rumble, just down the road…
Earth shook the first morning I woke in her hands…
When later I saw a wolf walking cross the land…

I shared my life with a friend today…
We laughed and we grew to know more…

I shared my life with a friend today,
And there,
We decided
To stay.
And there we decided…. To stay.



by Sharon L. Corsaro
Learn more at http://www.growing-gold.com/

No comments: