Monday, February 23, 2009

Into the Ice Box?


Nothing like a good deep freeze to get the creative juices flowing...

"Huh?" you say... "isn't that a bit counter intuitive?"

Yes! Though “flow” might seem more likely in warm waters, for me, it is different. I love the cold far north... So I am off to get some work done! Working away on the new book, recordings to come and even more interactive fun... and all that coming from the frozen north!

There’s something strangely comforting and productive for me in tucking away in a barren place where there’s almost NO people… for deep connection to the land, the spirit of place and far reaching roots that seem able to stretch round the globe if I choose. It’s the spirit of Denali this time… the mighty largest of mountains in North America feels just a stone’s throw away as I write this piece, sitting just 50 miles north as the crow flies with 20,000 feet of rising to her peak! Frozen, barren, desolate… and PERFECT for my creative flow!

So I share with you now that I am tucked into the north – writing and producing like a mad scientist… for what will be shared much more widely when I come out!

And with the brilliance of the internet and cell phones, I'm still just an ear shot away by phone and email – even better than in LA – I’m always eager to connect! I’ll be here for a time 'til the work is done, before the great spring melt comes, so please feel free to reach out anytime ~ even to just say hello!

We’re in some crazy times these days… and somehow I know I am always in the exact right spot all the time… I trust and pray the same is true for you!

Signing off for the moment, with blessings from the shadows of Mt McKinley in the Great White North where the night sky lights up like a Christmas tree when the spirit of the north sings her praises!

Much more to come...

by Sharon L. Corsaro
Learn more at http://www.growing-gold.com/

No comments: