Friday, April 17, 2009

Collaboration Takes Courage

As I reflect on a conversation from last night, I recognize the challenge of collaboration.


From outside perspective, I could see two people who could do very well to collaborate with one and other… And then I realized, they could also be in competition with each other. That’s when I thought... what if they chose to join forces, to become two working toward a similar goal, instead of just one – what if they chose to collaborate instead of compete. From outside perspective, I could see how rich this could be, I could see how abundant it becomes when two or more join forces. Yet when I reflect this same principle back onto myself, I realize and remember, the notion of competition.


It’s so ingrained in us to compete… I suppose it is our very nature for survival in the wild. Yet, I know too, there is another way – and as I reflect, I realize how much doing it differently, takes courage. Courage “to be” from a different place, courage to see from a higher perspective, courage to allow and embrace union and the possibilities of united forces, as opposed to being afraid.


As opposed to being afraid of the competition, what would happen if we joined with our competition to create a mighty force for tackling a new solution, creating something great... putting our might together to embrace the goodness that can come when we collaborate for common good? I suppose this is exactly what occurs when entrepreneurs join forces. There's a level of trust that must occur for two or more people with talent to join with others, for they could just "do it" themselves, hire out the help they need… but then again, there is something magically very different about working in collaboration… the meeting of mutually talented minds who have equal power, strength and ability to "do it"... yet actually realize and know - they can be so much better if they unite! Thinking with a glimmer of hope, "what if we join forces?!"


It is very different to collaborate. It's easy to see the great potential in joining up with other great minds - especially from outside perspective - yet there is an element of fear to be surpassed, in order to embrace the necessary change in attitude - from competition to collaboration. I've been working with collaborative thinking for ages... and yet still, with this thought and reflection today, I challenge myself to go ever further... to think about the greatness that can come in unified force... when I join with others who could be competitors, yet we choose to instead embody possibilities and join our energies for greater good while best of all, encouraging and carving a path for others to do the same.


Collaboration could be the changing tide we need, for greater good to prevail!




Collaboration is a key concept in the chronicles of Creative Change ~ the term I've coined to describe the notion of empowering the process of change, creatively. Coming soon to book, multi-media, live and web formats, please stay tuned for this wild ride! Join me to follow this blog at right (www.TidBitsofGold.com) and watch for great news to come!

Thanks for stopping by!


by Sharon L. Corsaro
Learn more at www.growing-gold.com

No comments: