Monday, September 15, 2008

I met the most amazing dog yesterday...

People don’t often refer to “meeting a dog” – but it’s true – I met an amazing dog…

I was leaving the Hilton Hotel at LAX somewhere near midnight on the close of a powerful three-day seminar when, despite big exhaustion, I could not help but stop as I saw this beautiful ball of life tugging her keeper across the lobby floor… I just had to “talk with” Gracie, whom I found immediately melting in my arms with precious love.

And then I learned that Gracie is one very special dog. It seems that she is professionally trained to literally monitor the health of her owner. Yep, it’s true!

This amazing dog was trained to “sense” and somehow know the blood sugar level of her owner! You see, her owner has diabetes and I was told that when his blood sugar starts getting too low, in a truly amazing act of Grace, this amazing dog senses the man’s blood sugar risk, and motions to alert him through specifically trained “cues” that let him know, it’s time to make a change in order to avoid trouble.

A potent tid bit of gold – from none other than a Golden Retriever – this one shows us that a “working dog” can mean many things, as Gracie taps into the amazing power of sensitivity to save a man’s life each time she lets him know, “it’s time to eat!”

And what can we learn? Hmmm.... what if WE listened to our own sensitivity, to monitor ourselves - not only physically - but truly, in everyway, to let our inner cues tell us clearly everytime when it's time to make a change to avoid the risk of trouble!

Lessons from a dog?! ... That's right!
Thank you dear Gracie - for your love and your very bright, light ~

No comments: